This policy together with the Terms of Service apply to your use of the Toodall website (the “Site”).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that which you provide to us, will be processed and used by us.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). As per the ICO’s guidance we would like to be given the chance to address any issues or complaints that you may have in the first instance and request that you contact us at email@example.com prior to escalating to the ICO.
We would like to assure you that we take your personal data very seriously and:
- Always keep your data safe and private.
- Allow you to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
- Take all precautions to secure our servers including application of latest updates.
- Never sell your data.
3. Information we collect about you
The personal information we collect will be that which is provided by you (“Submitted Information”).
Submitted Information is used to identify you as a unique user of our Site and to tailor the functionality on our Site to you. We use preferences set by you to determine functionality most appropriate to how you would like to use the site. Email addresses provided to us are used to communicate with you:
- We will inform you of the status of activity directly related to you; in particular related to the buying or purchasing of products on our Site
- To inform you of changes to our terms and conditions
- To inform you of any breaches or misuse of our Site by you or any third party
- In the event of a trade between you and a counterparty, to provide that counterparty with a means of communicating directly with you in accordance with our Terms of Service.
We will collect information about your visit to our Site, including the full uniform resource locators that you have visited, searches made on our Site, how you have navigated to our site and how you navigate within the site. This information is used to improve our site to make its features more “friendly” for you.
Submitted Information contains your postcode which we use to cater services to your location including searches. We may use this information for our own purposes to identify business coverage and for our own general marketing.
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
4.1. Submitted Information
- We will use this information to provide you with a service that is catered to you including provision of historical data that pertains to you including transaction history, frequent searches, customised notifications that you have pre-registered for and products that you may have uploaded to our site for display to other parties on the Site;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to notify you of any actions that you need to take in the course of using our services
4.2. Device Information.
- to administer our Site including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site and the App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to verify your identity, protect against fraud, and to confirm your eligibility to use our products and services; and
5. Location Information.
- to protect against fraud;
- to allow searches to identify information that is relevant to your location;
From time to time we may engage advertisers to promote our products and services. We will never disclose identifiable information about individuals to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 30 users have registered in a given town for our services). We may also use such aggregate information to help our advertising partners provide a tailored and targeted campaign, relevant for a sub-section of our users (for example, users in Kent).
7. Promotional offers
We may use your personal data (such as your Submitted Information, Location Information or transactional information) to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. In such cases you will be able to specify your preferences for receiving such offers.
8. Disclosure of your information
8.1. Data processing partners
Should we use third parties to process data on our Site, we will only enter into contract with parties that use your personal data in a secure and confidential manner. We will only disclose Personal data on a strict need to know basis, under strict contractual obligations and in accordance with data protection laws.
9. Data Disclosure
We may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances.
- To aid Law Enforcement agencies in accordance with legal matters;
- In the event that Toodall assets are acquired by a third party. In this case personal data may constitute an asset that is being transferred.
- In order to enforce our Terms of Service or any other agreement between you and Toodall, including enforcement of any breaches.
10. Storage security
Although the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure we employ current standard encryption methods such as SSL to ensure that transmission is as secure as possible.
11. Retaining your information
We will retain your information whilst you remain a registered user and for a period after you inform us of your wish to de-register. The period will be governed by how long any transactions on our Site need to be documented to meet Financial and Legal requirements. Additionally, we may be required to retain your information for Law Enforcement reasons (e.g. where directed by the “Police” to assist with their investigations)
12. Your legal rights
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request“). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you. If you require this, then please reach out to our support team via our support email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us. If you require this, then please reach out to our support team via our support email.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable.
Object to processing of your personal data. This is in situations where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Please note that any requests in relation to the restriction of the processing of your data means that our Site may not be able to perform its services for you.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, which you can then transfer to an applicable third party. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you. If you require this then please reach out to our support team via the support email.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide our Services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
All questions relating to data and your privacy are welcomed and should be addressed to our support team. You can visit the ICO website for additional information at https://ico.org.uk